Hey everyone! Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Chloe and I play guitar and do vocals in Sarcasm. I am overjoyed to be working on and writing my solo EP currently, and I am so excited to get in the studio with Sarcasm -hopefully by the end of the summer.
As many of you know, Hugh Schmidt, the administrator and founder of this blog and bassist/vocalist of Kids Luv Cops, is continuing on his own journey which has brought him all the way out to Puget Sound in Washington. Although he will eternally remain present in the Concord-Carlisle scene, he is moving on to an all new point in his life. He will sadly not be leaving Concord in the year 2075 when we will all have personal jetpacks and teleportation devices, therefore he cannot be in two places at once. This isn’t Rick and Morty, folks.
Posting and taking over this blog is a very happy-sad and emotional experience for me. As my time in high school seems to be stampeding by me -my friends in Class of ’17 who are leaving me behind, going on college tours and composing my college essay- I am beginning to feel overwhelmed with many, many emotions. Before I get into even more mushy and gross emotional stuff, I’ll fill everyone in on the scene which has been hopping recently!
- Kids Luv Cops have been squeezing in shows left and right. On the 8th, Kids Luv Cops played a lovely (and sweaty) gig at the Democracy Center in Cambridge. They were joined by Fat Shuggy, Ra Saens, Beautiful Woman, and Loneranger.
- The following afternoon, they played a beautiful set at SULFEST, a wonderful house gig in Tewksbury. Knowing next to nothing about any of the other fabulous bands they played with (or Tewksbury at all), I tagged along. I was extremely pleased with a fun and packed day, listening to our new pals from Rapture, Humans and Us, Casinoland, Ice Cream Orphan and Girl Scout Cookies. You gotta listen to these guys. Dude, Tewksbury has a scene!
- After playing what they thought would be their second to last show, they were invited by our Northern Mass. friends to play another show with Rapture, Girl Scout Cookies, Casinoland, and Powder Keg. Instead of being on top of a porch, as they were at SULFEST, they were underneath one! They played a spectacular set amongst our new buddies and it was a blast.
- Nick Owen played several gigs this past month, including a particularly exciting one down in the mystical land of Providence, RI about two weeks ago! Nick has shared that he is planning to book a tour in the near future which is quite incredible. I am insanely exciting for Nick and I can’t wait to see where his tour will take him.
- And last, but certainly not least, is Luigi’s Haunted Basement Show at the delightful home of the Lopresti’s. Sandro ran an amazing show packed full of incredible Concord and Carlisle artists. The following insanely talented people played this show: Lucy Morrison, Christina Piccione, Corey Ames, Jenny, Maheeb n Stuart, Trashcan Businessman, Muttnik, Sarcasm, Nick Owen, Mushroom Death Suit, Boxed Water and Kids Luv Cops. I know! Quite a long list! Each and every person who played had a fantastic set and I didn’t want the evening to end. Boxed Water and Kids Luv Cops have both released live recordings of their sets! Kids Luv Cops played their last set that night, and it was legendary. We all sang and moshed and screamed and danced the entire time. They played songs I hadn’t heard since their name was “Pink Asphalt and the Day-Shift Strippers,” they played songs off their first album and their newest EP, and they played songs that we all know and adore. It was absolutely incredible. At this show, there was literally blood, sweat and tears over the span of four hours.
Kids Luv Cops has inspired a scene of people to write music, perform, and not give a shit about what anyone thinks. They have brought our scene to what it is. Hugh, Owen, Cooper, and James, we love you and we will miss you guys. Always come back to visit and always come back to jam ❤